Dr. rer. nat. Jörg Frochte is Professor for Applied Computer Science at the Bochum University of Applied Sciences. His interests in research and teaching are currently focused on Data Mining an Machine Learning. See Field of Interest for further details and here for some publications in these fields. Beyond this he acts as a reviewer, chairman aswell as member of steering and program committees.
Professional background: Studied mathematics at the University of Essen with a focus on numerical simulation, cryptography and physics (until 2002). Dissertation (2005) in the field of computational fluid dynamics at the University of Duisburg-Essen. Until 2010 he was working in the software development department of the dSPACE GmbH in Paderborn as a technical expert and project coordinator in the field of real time simulation and physical modeling. Appointment as a full professor for Applied Computer Science at the Bochum University of Applied Sciences in 2010. Since then, he has been Vice Dean of the Department for over eight years. In March 2022 he was elected as Vice President for Research, Digitisation and Internationalisation of the Bochum University of Applied Sciences. Beyond this he is
- Co-Founder of the Bergische Innovationsplattform für Künstliche Intelligenz, which promotes cooperation between scientists as well as companies in the local region
- Associate member of the Inderdisciplinary Center for Machine Learning and Data Analytics at the University of Wuppertal
- Scientific Supervisor of the professional training project WeAI of the Bochum University of Applied Sciences
- Member of the Promotionskolleg NRW (eng. PhD College NRW)
- Head of the Interdisciplinary Institute for Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Science of the Bochum University of Applied Sciences